Wednesday 16 February 2011

Spring is a coming

Had a mooch around the garden when I  got back from my walk with the dog. I wanted to see what was growing and I wanted to pick some rosemary for dinner tonight. I checked on my rhubarb and saw a little pink shoot popping out of the mud.



The apple tree has buds growing and the strawberry plants seem to be okay after the harsh winter. Bulbs are growing nicely, just need to make time to get out and tidy the garden now. I did manage to fill my garden recycle bin yesterday tidying round the front garden so will try and do some work in the garden again next Monday.

I wanted the rosemary to make   Lemon & Rosemary Pork Steaks with crushed carrots & garlic new potatoes.
I marinated the pork steaks in lemon juice, olive oil, rosemary and freshly grated black pepper. I marinated a portion of tofu in this marinate for myself.


 I marinated these for an hour then pan fried on both sides to give them some colour.


I place these on a tray with a slice of apple, cover with foil and bake in a low oven for about 50 minutes to 1 hour. I did them on fan oven 140.

No comments:

Post a Comment