Wednesday 9 February 2011

White Loaf

Had a day of bread making and ironing. The bread making I enjoyed, the ironing I  did not. Tescos own brand bread flour had been reduced to 50p a bag this week instead of the £1.58 it had been for weeks now so I stocked up.  I made a large white loaf


which I then sliced on my slicing machine.


I also made eight breadcakes.


WHITE LOAF

500g strong white flour
11/2 tsp salt
11/2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp oil
7g sachet yeast
300ml warm water

I put all the ingredients into my breadmaker and have the machine do the kneading for me.                             I then let the dough rise for an hour then knock back the dough and shape into a loaf or breadcake shape.
I then let the dough rise again for about 30 minutes then cook.
I bake in a pre heated oven 200C fan oven  for 20-25 mins a loaf and 15 mins for the breadcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment